2. Chalkboard spray paint (I used Valspar spray paint)
3. Regular paint / spray paint for mirror frame (optional. I used Krylon Metallic Spray Paint)
4. Protective gloves
5. Newspapers/old sheet to keep floors clean and paint-free
7. Chalkboard eraser/paper towels
1. Spread out the newspapers/blanket on the floor and place the mirror on top. Remove the glass mirror from the frame.
2. Shake the chalkboard paint can, and spray the glass according to the paint instructions. I sprayed 3 thin layers of paint, waiting 30 minutes in between each coat.
3. Paint the mirror frame according to the paint instructions. I used 4 coats of the Krylon Metallic Spray Paint, waiting 15 minutes in between each coat. Of course, don’t forget to spray/paint the back of the frame!
4. After both the frame and the glass have completely dried, put the mirror back together.
5. Before writing/drawing on your new chalkboard, you need to “prep” the chalkboard, so that your first writing does not permanently stay on the board. To do this, simply take a stick of chalk, and rub the chalk (on its side) all over the chalkboard, both horizontally and vertically. Once the chalkboard is completely covered in chalk, remove the chalk with your eraser or paper towels.
Viola! Enjoy your new snazzy chalkboard!