Craft Tutorial: Chalkboards
Posted on November 25th, 2014
2. Chalkboard spray paint (I used Valspar spray paint)
3. Regular paint / spray paint for mirror frame (optional. I used Krylon Metallic Spray Paint)
4. Protective gloves
5. Newspapers/old sheet to keep floors clean and paint-free
7. Chalkboard eraser/paper towels
1. Spread out the newspapers/blanket on the floor and place the mirror on top. Remove the glass mirror from the frame.
2. Shake the chalkboard paint can, and spray the glass according to the paint instructions. I sprayed 3 thin layers of paint, waiting 30 minutes in between each coat.
3. Paint the mirror frame according to the paint instructions. I used 4 coats of the Krylon Metallic Spray Paint, waiting 15 minutes in between each coat. Of course, don’t forget to spray/paint the back of the frame!
4. After both the frame and the glass have completely dried, put the mirror back together.
5. Before writing/drawing on your new chalkboard, you need to “prep” the chalkboard, so that your first writing does not permanently stay on the board. To do this, simply take a stick of chalk, and rub the chalk (on its side) all over the chalkboard, both horizontally and vertically. Once the chalkboard is completely covered in chalk, remove the chalk with your eraser or paper towels.
Viola! Enjoy your new snazzy chalkboard!
Craft Tutorial: Paper Clip Bookmarks
Posted on October 15th, 2014
Craft Tutorial: Fun Clothespins
Posted on September 19th, 2014
Posted on August 17th, 2014
Gus & Ruby Letterpress ― Named after their dogs, this lovely paper shop is locally owned by two wonderful girls, Whitney and Samantha.
Craft Tutorial: Fabric-Covered Hangers
Posted on July 17th, 2014
Backgrounds & Textures
Posted on June 27th, 2014
Some backgrounds and textures for you to use on your site/desktop/artwork.
Recipe: Falafel Wrap
Posted on June 19th, 2014
Falafel wraps are super easy and incredibly tasty!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- 1/2 pita bread
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- small handful of lettuce
- 3 1/2 tbsp hommus
- 3 balls premade falafel
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- lemon juice (optional)
Craft Tutorial: Button Art Wall Hanging
Posted on June 15th, 2014
First Post =)
Posted on June 14th, 2014
Hey everyone, welcome to greyelegance.com. Just a simple site for a random collection of my thoughts. I’ll also be posting some recipes and crafts. Enjoy the weekend everyone!